News and Events
COVID-19 Updates and Resources
We will finalize our calendar for SY21-22 using questions and feedback from our families, information about DCPS’s start date, and health guidance from the City. We will continue to update this page and our social media channels with information on SY21-22 as it becomes available.
Reporting COVID-19 Exposures to DC Scholars
If you are someone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19 and/or if you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please contact Colin Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org
What counts as close contact?
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
Stay home and monitor your health
- Stay home for 14 days after your last contact with a person who has COVID-19
- Watch for fever (100.4◦F), cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19
- If possible, stay away from others, especially people who are at higher risk for getting very sick from COVID-19
General Facts about COVID-19
FAQs on COVID-19 and children
National Association of Public Charter Schools: How to talk to kids about COVID-19
Free literacy program for rising kindergarten through rising 4th grade
DC Public Library’s Distance Learning Resources
Family Support Resources
Meal sites from Mayor Bowser
DC Food Project
Comcast offering free access to internet essentials
Learning HUBs for DC Students
Want to stay up to date on COVID-19 resources and updates click here!
Shop DC Scholars uniforms before the school year gets started. Purchase DC Scholars uniform gear here!
Click here to see the DC Public Charter School Board (DC PCSB) school profile that includes school transparency documents for DC Scholars PCS. https://dcpcsb.org/dc-scholars-pcs
For up to date information follow us on Facebook and Instagram!